Monday, March 14, 2011

Is this equation correct? Text > Sound


Because I really can't remember when text messaging became so key I do not find it so odd that text is more prevalent than sound in relation to the phone. I feel that sound is more powerful than the text message and creates a more personal relationship than the use of text messaging. Today's form of communication have become less personal. With the all the technology at hand that make everything easy, why not communicate without actually having to pick up the phone? It is only to be expected that as we go forward into the future, watching Facebook take over the world, we will become a less interactive people.

On a more personal front I guess I like texting more because it gives me the ability to ignore or put people on hold without any interaction. It also gives me the ability to be more clever than I actually am. At least 55% of the witty things I say in response to people probably wouldn't have been vocalized. Text messaging is a way of becoming a more suave person without the hassle of actually being suave. It isn't lying though, it is just more the preference for a lot of people.

An argument can be made saying that texting creates a more shared experience between people. Texting can allow people to share little things when they can not make a phone call. Things your professor just said or if you want to keep things down while communicating a message, you should go towards a text. It's no surprise that texting has become the more prevalent use of the phone, we are making it personal to be impersonal.

No comments:

Post a Comment